These are a few of the opportunities for volunteers at the Fair, and there are always additional needs that arise. We appreciate your stewardship.
GREETER AT THE TICKET PLAZA
Give guests a friendly welcome as they enter the fair, and distribute Fair Programs. Assist with finding attractions, food and events.
ARTS & CRAFTS VOLUNTEERS
Help check-in the hundreds of entries our residents submit for competition at the fair. Monitor the exhibits, offer information to fairgoers and keep the area in tip-top shape.
This friendly group greets fairgoers and assists them with finding attractions and amenities such as wheelchairs, restrooms and ATMs.
AG-Tivity center VOLUNTEERS*
This area is where the 10 & under kids go to learn about agriculture though fun handmade carnival games and activities. You would assist in manning a game station and helping the kids with the activity.
This group gets to help performers get in the gate and find their way to the stage. Help move equipment, set up chairs, provide security during performances, help them with water or towels etc.
fLORIDA LIVING store VOLUNTEERS
Calling all retailers! This group mans the Florida Living store. We sell crafters goods, set up the displays. Simple cash handling a plus.
Our security team keeps tab on the staff parking lot making sure people have a parking pass to park. Walk around the fairgrounds looking for un-"fair" like behavior. Unlock & Open bldgs & restrooms.
*Ag-Tivity Center Volunteers
Our “AG-Venture Program needs your help! We are looking for service organizations, clubs, or groups of students that would be willing to sign up for a shift (or several) to work in our AG-Venture program while the Fair is here. This is a great opportunity that we are offering to adults, students, clubs, or organizations so that they can earn community service hours and, more importantly, the opportunity to be eligible for a scholarship from the Martin County Fair.
If you are interested, please fill out the form below and return it to us by October 1st. Shifts will be assigned on a first come first served basis so be sure to return the form at your earliest convenience in order to receive the shift you prefer. Confirmation will be sent to you.
- Anyone that is 9th grade or above is welcome to help us with our program!
- Admission to the Fair will be paid for those participating. Participating students may come early or stay late to enjoy the Fair before or after their shift.
- By participating in this program with a minimum of 10 hours, students will be eligible to apply for a scholarship from the Martin County Fair. However, if you do not need to apply for the scholarship, you may volunteer for as little as one shift.
- Shifts are in 3-4 hour increments. You may sign up for as many shifts as you would like to work, but only a certain number of workers will be approved for each time slot.
- There will be an adult supervisor in the barn for a majority of the time you will be there. If your parents or teacher would like to come with you, we ask that they do volunteer as well.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you and your students at this year’s Fair. For AG-Venture Volunteer inquiries, contact: the office at 772-220-3247