MARTIN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The Martin County Fair Association has provided scholarships for high school students of Martin County continuously, since 1985. The Fair Association has helped many high school students of Martin County continue their education after high school.
SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Open to ALL high school seniors of Martin County, provided:
- The applicant must have participated in at least two previous Martin County Fairs. Participation could be through exhibits of schools, scouts, church exhibits, talent shows, police cadets, firefighter explorers, 4-H, FFA, Miss Martin County Fair Pageant, arts & crafts, volunteering, or other documented participation in the fair.
- The applicant must have been a Martin County resident for at least the two full years preceding the applicant’s June graduation.
- The applicant must submit a 300-word essay pertaining to the annual fair.
- The application must provide financial information as requested on application form.
- Applicants must have a 2.0 grade point average or above.
- The applicant must provide a minimum 4 x 6 head shot photo.
The Martin County Fair Scholarship Application Form must be filled out online at the Martin County Fair Website Scholarship page. No handwritten applications accepted. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All applications must be received by December 1, 2022 at 5:00pm
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
The Scholarship Committee of the Martin County Fair Association shall determine the winners of the scholarships. The decision of the committee is final.
Immediate family members of scholarship applicants may serve on the Scholarship Committee but must excuse themselves from meetings held to select scholarship recipients.
The winners of the scholarships will be announced at the Lyric Theater in downtown Stuart on January 7, 2022 at 5pm.
SCHOLARSHIP PAYOUT INSTRUCTIONS:
To claim the scholarship award, proof of enrollment from the recipient’s educational institution must be provided to the fair office via mail or email at email@example.com. The scholarship must be claimed within one year of being awarded. Please note that scholarships are a one-time award and are not renewable.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CHECK LIST
Before you submit your application, please make sure you check all the boxes on the check list to make sure that you have included all necessary information. We will only accept online applications. If you experience any difficulties, please call the fair office at 772-220-3247 for information. Please submit this completed checklist in with your application.
_____ Personal Information
_____ Fair Participation Information
_____ Extra-Curricular School Activities
_____ Community Activities Information
_____ Special Circumstances
_____ Your 300 Word Essay
_____ Your Picture
_____ Your Parent or Guardian has signed the Application
_____ You have signed the Application
_____ Your application has been submitted Online
FILL OUT THIS FORM AND SUBMIT
Give dates of participation
Include duties, hours, compensation and dates
state years in membership, offices held, etc
state years of membership, offices held, etc
include dates, specific details, etc
Please write and upload an essay of AT LEAST 300 WORDS in font size 12, and double spaced. Essays should not exceed two pages. Please choose one of the following topics:
1. "How has being involved in the Martin County Fair played a roll in your leadership and career goals or achieving your life aspirations?"
2. "What traits do you possess that will enhance your education and/or future career?"
Essay MUST be in PDF format.
Please upload a recent head/shoulder photo.
Parents please provide your first and last name as well as your email.