MARTIN COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The Martin County Fair Association has provided scholarships for high school students of Martin County continuously, since 1985. The Fair Association has helped many high school students of Martin County continue their education after high school.
SCHOLARSHIP LENGTH: All scholarships are for one year
SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Open to ALL high school seniors of Martin County, provided:
- The applicant must have participated in at least two previous Martin County Fairs. Participation could be through exhibits of schools, scouts, church exhibits, talent shows, police cadets, firefighter explorers, 4-H, FFA, Miss Martin County Fair Pageant, arts & crafts, volunteering, or other documented participation in the fair.
- The applicant must have been a Martin County resident for at least the two full years preceding the applicant’s June graduation.
- The applicant must submit a 300-word essay pertaining to the annual fair.
- The application must provide financial information as requested on application form.
- The applicant must provide grade point average and class rank. Applicants must have a 2.0 grade point average or above.
- The applicant must provide a minimum 4 x 6 head shot photo.
The Martin County Fair Scholarship Application Form must be filled out online at the Martin County Fair Website Scholarship page. No handwritten applications accepted. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED! Must be received by January 8, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All applications must be received by January 8, 2021 at 5:00pm
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
The Scholarship Committee of the Martin County Fair Association shall determine the winners of the scholarships. The decision of the committee is final.
Immediate family members of scholarship applicants may serve on the Scholarship Committee but must excuse themselves from meetings held to select scholarship recipients.
SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP PRESENTATION:
The winners of the scholarships will be notified by mail and
will also be recognized at the Grand Opening Ceremony of the Martin County Fair
on Friday, Feb 12, 2021.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CHECK LIST
Before you submit your application, please make sure you check all the boxes on the check list to make sure that you have included all necessary information. We will only accept online applications. If you experience any difficulties, please call the fair office at 772-220-3247 for information. Please submit this completed checklist in with your application.
_____ Personal Information
_____ Fair Participation Information
_____ Extra-Curricular School Activities
_____ Community Activities Information
_____ Special Circumstances
_____ Your 300 Word Essay
_____ Your Picture
_____ Your Parent or Guardian has signed the Application
_____ You have signed the Application
_____ Your application has been submitted Online
FILL OUT THIS FORM AND SUBMIT
Give dates of participation
Include duties, hours, compensation and dates
state years in membership, offices held, etc
state years of membership, offices held, etc
include dates, specific details, etc
Please write and upload an essay of AT LEAST 300 WORDS to present your ideas on "What I learned through participation in the Martin County Fair", OR "What would you like to see the Martin County Fair change or add in the future?" It must be double spaced and also include a recent head/shoulders photo. The photo can also be uploaded,
Parents please provide your first and last name as well as your email.